The Schmitt Gang

The Schmitt Gang
keeping up with our crazy beautiful lives!

Friday, July 16, 2010

Camping At River Ranch

Cody wanted to go camping last weekend, but I wanted to make sure the kiddos got to see the fireworks. So camping close by was our meeting in the middle :) Normally we camp at the city park in Nashua, the one right on the lake. But this time we camped at the one out in the country. I really really liked this campground because it wasn't as crowded as the city park and they had a lot of activies you could do like: renting "fun" carts, renting paddle boats, and if you want to tube they will drop you off so you can float back to camp. Friday night our friend Megan, Everett and I rented a paddle boat and took it for a little cruise. When we were getting off the "dock", the dock moved and I fell butt first into the water. Pretty funny actually because the only way I agree to go was in I didn't have to get in the nasty pond water.

Then it was time to make smores....


Emma didn't really want to roast her marshmallow, she kept saying Hot. Which is fine with me, I would rather her want nothing to do with the fire!

Then it was Everett's turn

What a "pro"

A lil burnt for my liking, but hey :)


Emma wasn't a fan of the smore, she liked the plain marshmallow better

Retters liked it until...

He got sticky.

Then it was time for bed, I was a little worried how they would sleep with them both being in the same "room." I put Emma in a pack n play (that she can crawl out of) and Rett slept on the fold out couch. But they did fine both night, Saturday morning Cody and I were woken up by them giggling at each other :)

How sweet :)

On Saturday Craig and Jackie took the kids for a little while and us adults went floating down the river. It was just what we needed nothing beats laying in the river getting a tan on a hot day. After tubing the boys went fishing and Megan and I went floating in the Cedar Lake. Then supper and the fireworks.

When we woke up Sunday it was raining so we pretty much packed up and came home. It was a GREAT weekend, Everett asked if he could like in the camper forever!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment