The Schmitt Gang

The Schmitt Gang
keeping up with our crazy beautiful lives!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Slide

When it comes to things like slides, jumping, anything other than people Emma is all about it. She has no fear! THIS SCARES ME! Everett has always been a little scared of stuff so I don't have to worry that he's going to jump off of something that he should. So both of the kids wanted to go play on this slide. Do you see how huge it is? You can either stop halfway up and go down the slide or go all the way up to the top.
Everett was okay with just going halfway up for oh a millisecond!



I figured if he had enough guts to go up there he could handle it. Have I mentioned I don't like heights and at 24 years old I had no want to climb up there and get him if he got scared? (I don't know if you can see him but he is way up there at the top.)


By this time Emma is just going nutts to go down the slide. She's kicking and crying to be put down. So against HORRIBLE judgement I tell my 22 month old (like she really knew what I was saying or cared to listen) that she could go up there but she had to come down the slide. I sent Everett up before her and told him to block the stairs so she couldn't go. There was also a girl about 7 years old that said she would stop her. So I run to the slide to prepare to catch her AND AND down comes Everett! ME: Everett where is your sister? Rett: She said up! And I look up and there is my 22 month old climbing up to the top of the rocket! It is stairs that wind so I wasn't so much scared that she was gonna fall just that she was gonna get stuck up there. I had to go in and get her as this other mom was laughing at me (probably for being so dumb and allowing this to happen) I was telling Emma to come down and she met me at the slide, all smiles. I may have had a heart attack! That child is going to give me a run for my money!

1 comment:

  1. You are a great mom!!! Are we going to be able to see you next week???

    ReplyDelete