The Schmitt Gang

The Schmitt Gang
keeping up with our crazy beautiful lives!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Camping At Yellow River



My family and I went on a camping trip to Yellow River, it's in Harpers Ferry, IA. We only camped for the weekend and we had a BLAST!!!

My parents brought the horses for us to ride and their dog Dandy. Dandy is Dagen and Rylie's puppy. They take him riding with him...so he is MASSIVE compared to Dagen. Here is a picture of Dad and Rett beating up Dandy.

Retters swore this was a sand pile, I'm going to pretend I don't know how much horse urine is in that gravel :)

Making the fire. We all ate lunch at different times as sometimes we were in different places. But we all ate together at night :)


Dad, Everett, and Emma scoping out the campground.


Everett riding Rex all by himself :)

Yellow River has a couple COLD streams that run threw it. these are pictures of us in the water.

Retters showing off his swimming skills
Emma loved it where it was shallow, not so much in the deep water!



There was this pretty rock in the deep area that my dad wanted us all to take a picture on. The only down side was it was in 5ft of freezing cold water. (I don't think I am fully explain how COLD it was. Our skin was RED when we got out from being so cold. But the plus to a cold spring is, its clear/clean water.
Isn't this a great picture of all of us :)

While we were there Ashley, Chris, Cody, the kiddos, and I went into Prairie Du Chein for a little while. I couldn't be that close to Wisc. and not get some cheese :) Ashley, the kids and I also went to a swimming pool (the water was up to high the first day we were there to swim) while the boys went fishing. We all had a great time and I can't wait for the 2nd annual Meyer Camping Trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment