The Schmitt Gang

The Schmitt Gang
keeping up with our crazy beautiful lives!

Friday, April 30, 2010

Score! Free Helmets


Charles City has a group for children and parents called, Our Kids Count. They meet every other Tuesday. Once a month its a parent only topic where they will have a speaker and free daycare for your children why you listen. Then the other Tuesday its a parent and child topic. This Tuesday was a parent and child topic on bike and scooter safety. They had a police officer come and explain the importance of helmets, following signs, listening to your parents, I think you all get the idea :) When they were talking about signs they would hold it up and ask what it meant, Everett was one of the only kids to know the Railroad sign. I can't say I'm shock, trains have engines there for it was right up his ally! Then they passed out free helmets. They handed out over 80 helmets. Since they handed out so many and saved me a trip to the store, I decided the least I could do was mail them a thank you. Retter and Emma colored a thank you for the Officer that came and spoke and Floyd County Public Safety for donating the helmets.


******Emma didn't go because I like to have one on one time with Everett, and lets face it chasing two kids around with 140 in one room might have made me rip out my hair! Everett did very well and sat in his chair and listen for the most part. I can't believe how much he's maturing!

No comments:

Post a Comment