The Schmitt Gang

The Schmitt Gang
keeping up with our crazy beautiful lives!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day and Mothers Days Gifts

For Mothers Day I thought it would be fun to make garden stone with the kids hand prints in them as gifts. I went to K-mart (I hate Kmart but that would be a totally different post) and got two kits, the kits said it made four each... that was a lie! So to make the most out of it I convinced Cj to at least help me attempt to make them. The plaster dried before one kid, let alone the second could put their hand in it. Cody decided it would be much easier to buy Quick-Crete and I suggested buying "flower pot water catchers" as the molds. This worked SO MUCH BETTER! And was cheaper than what we spend on the plaster ones. (I was able to take one of them back.)
Cody mixing the concrete (told you he's good to have around)


It decided to rain right before we started "our project" so we had to resort to the garage. I know it's a mess I'm sorry.

The kids didn't seam to mind the mess

This is after they put there little hands in them. It was a two person job so I'm sorry there is no action shots of that :)


All done, aren't they pretty? Rett helped me paint the hands and Cody pointed out as we were walking up to his mom's house that Rett painted six fingers on Emma's hand. Awesome lol

****************************************************
We had alot of people we had to hit for Mothers Day, My mom, CJ's Mom, and my two grandma's. We tried to fit everyone in Saturday so we could spent Sunday at home, we weren't successful. Saturday we went to My Grandma Lou's where my parents were building a new hitching rail for her.(my dad had stole Everett earlier in the day and taken him to Grandma's with him) After that we went to Grandma Ila's where my uncle grilled for us.(mmmmmmmm it was yummy) Then on our way home we stopped at Craig and Jackie's house. Sunday we woke up late :) that's a wonderful Mother's Day gift right there! Then we got ready and headed out to my parents house. My mom made lasagna(I know how crappy she had to cook on Mother's Day but no one makes it as good as she does.) Cody, Dad, and Rett went mushroom hunting and Mom, Ash, Em, and I stayed at the house and talked. My sister had to head back to Iowa City so we all called it a day there. Cody and the kids wanted me to pick out some flowers for my birdhouse at Thiesens but nothing really caught my eye so we were home bound. Cody decided he should mow before the rainy week ahead. While Cody is mowing the front yard I will move everything(TOYS!) out of the way, and pooper scooper. Yes!, pooper scooper you could say I get the shitty end of the deal lol.(I really don't mind) After that was dinner and then a movie. We watched Hachi (I'm not sure on the spelling on that) its a SAD movie about a very loyal dog! I had a great Mother's Day and I hope all the other Mommy's out there did too!
*********************************
(I would insert something mooshy her about my mom, but she doesn't like that soo) Thank You Mom for everything I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment