The Schmitt Gang

The Schmitt Gang
keeping up with our crazy beautiful lives!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Our Get A Way

The last time Cody and I went somewhere ALONE, was the Summer of 2004 we went to the Hot Springs in Saratoga, WY. We didn't have a Honeymoon because Cody had just switched jobs and he couldn't get the time off. So you can imagine how PUMPED I was to go somewhere for our 5 year Anniversary. We decided to go to The House On The Rock in Wisconsin. This weeks blog will pretty much be pictures of our Adventure :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OUR DRIVE

Our drive was rather easy, we were on hwy 18 pretty much the whole time. We stopped at a couple little shops on the way, and enjoyed the rolling hills of Eastern Iowa/ Wisconsin(I live in the WRONG state, Wisconsin is so beautiful).




These little guys were at the cheese shop, I wanted to free the pretty turtle. But the Snapper and the Eel were fair game to anyone that wanted to eat them!

We stayed at The House On The Rock Inn, it was very nice! We got a king size suite with whirlpool :)



It had a kiddy pool, a indoor adult pool, a outdoor pool, and a hot tub. I will admit when I saw this pool I wished I would have brought the kids, but I knew they would have fun with their Aunt Ashley also!


*** Coming tomorrow The House On The Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment