The Schmitt Gang

The Schmitt Gang
keeping up with our crazy beautiful lives!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dying Eggs





I hate hard boiled eggs, to be completely honest I'm not a big fan of eating baby chicken embryo in general. Every year we dye eggs and Cody tells me he will eat them and he never does. So this year I thought it would be fun to blow some eggs out. Blowing out an egg is when you poke to holes in the egg, blow out the yoke, and just dye the egg shell. Then you can display them instead of just keeping them in the fridge. This sounded like a really good idea to me until I was the one blowing them out. Imagine trying to blow up a really really hard to blow balloon. Lets just say I got a head ache and gave up and boiled them. The kids had fun dying the eggs. Everett wanted to dye them all green. Emma wanted to stick her fingers in the dye. All in all it was a fun family activity :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great time. Just like when I had my boys. Enjoy the moment.

    ReplyDelete