The Schmitt Gang

The Schmitt Gang
keeping up with our crazy beautiful lives!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Iowa City Get A Way











My sister invited the kids and I down to Iowa City for the weekend. Cody wanted to work all weekend so I thought, why not go. We left around 9:30AM Saturday morning. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive and I was worried how the kiddos would do in the car but they did great. I think we got down there around noonish, I guess I didn't look at the clock. We ate lunch and then we were off for a fun filled weekend. I was a little selfish and made everyone stop at Stuff Etc. Stuff Etc is a consignment store that only takes in name brand clothes. I got Emma quite a few shirts and Rett conned my sister out of a toy train. After that was the Children's Museum. Both kids had a BLAST. You will probably notice that NONE of the pictures at the Museum is of them looking at the camera, that was because they were having so much fun that looking at a camera was just out of the question. Emma's favorite was the farm area because she could run free and there were slides her size. She also loves the golf balls in one of the rooms. Everett's favorites were the toy trains (big shocker I know... note the sarcasm) and the air plains. He drove the ambulance for a little while and was so funny because he demanded he put his seat belt on and told the kid next to him you can't drive without being buckled. You could tell they were both getting tired so we took a little drive in hopes that they would fall asleep. This worked for Emma not for Rett. While driving around I remembered the Pet Store I always use to make Cody take me to when we lived in Iowa City. So we took the kids to look at puppies, which then made Everett want one. When I told him NO! we already have to many dogs he asked if we could take Dagen back :(. I said that was mean lol if we are taking any dog back it would be Rylie! Then it was time for supper at Ashley and Chris' apt then baths, teeth, story, and BED! Everett was bound and detriment he was gonna sleep with Aunt Ashley (Chris stayed at his dad's house as he had to take his boards the next day and wanted to study in peace and quiet lol). Everett got his wish and slept with Ashley. Emma slept in the spare room with me in her pack n play,thank goodness she didn't try jumping out :) After breakfast I ran to the Stuff Etc in Iowa City (the first time it was Coralville) this one was not near as nice! Then we ate lunch and went to the park with one of Ashley's friends from work. She has a son a little older then Em. Then it was home bound. Both kids slept most of the way home so I had time to catch up with my best Friend, Lindsey on the phone, which made time go by much faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment