The Schmitt Gang

The Schmitt Gang
keeping up with our crazy beautiful lives!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring Is In The Air










After we got home from the Library we decided it was much to nice to go into the house so we went for a walk. Everett's favorite thing to do on a walk is pick up stick. He will carry a couple then he starts shoving them into the bottom of Emma's stroller. Once we get down to the walking bridge he loves to throw them over and watch them go down the damn. This "hobby" of his started last spring. I remember my Grandma Ila use to walk my sister and me to the swinging bridge and let us throw sticks in the water, So I taught Everett. We rarely get to walk anywhere that doesn't involve a bridge. Everett is very good about listening to me when we are walking so I don't make him ride in a stroller, the only problem we had was he jumped in EVERY puddle possible. Sigh, boys will be boys, this is why washing machines were invented right?


***Just a quick cute story.
Last fall Everett and I walked down to the walking bridge. It had stormed the night before so there were stick everywhere. Everett kept picking up not sticks but limbs! Of course he couldn't carry them all the way to the bridge alone so he suckered me into carrying a few of the smaller ones.( I didn't want people to think we were crazy so we left the huge limbs behind) Everett was dragging one that was prolly two feet and I was dragging one that was prolly four feet. When this man stopped and rolled down his window and asked Rett what we were doing. Everett's never been shy so he quickly told him we were gonna watch them go down the river. The man looked at me and said it's mom's like you that raise great boys to be great men, thank you for not being afraid to look goofy. I thanked him and he drove away. Even though I hadn't taken the five foot limb to avoid looking silly, it still made me feel good that some random stranger just stopped to be nice and say good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment