The Schmitt Gang

The Schmitt Gang
keeping up with our crazy beautiful lives!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Oh The Things Everett Says # 2

The electricity goes out Saturday night... Everett goes into the toy room with a flashlight as it was dark out, then:

Rett: Daddy come here!
Cody: What Retters?
Rett: Daddy, you turn the light on I can't see!
Cody: I can't turn the light on its broken.
Rett: Go ask mommy for a light bulb.
Cody: It's not the light bulb buddy, we don't have any electricity.
Rett: Daddy, you go to the grocery store and get some more electricity.

I was laughing so hard at this in the DARK in the living room! I guess good thing my cell phone has light because that's what I used to round up candles and flashlights. I guess that's why normal people keep flashlights in a "safe place". Ours were all in the camper except for the two that Cody's mom got us for Christmas.

Everett randomly sitting on the couch.

Rett: Mommy, Ashley and Chris coming this weekend?
Me: No, buddy not this weekend, they were just here last weekend and I think Chris has to study.
Rett: Mommy, when is Uncle Chris gonna be done with Preschool so he can come play with me?

My brother in law is studying for his boards in Chiropractic Care needless to say its a little bit different then coloring at preschool.

This one is my FAVORITE!! Everett wakes up from a nap.

Me: Did you have a good nap?
Rett: yeah
Me: Did you have any good dreams?
Rett: Yeah, I had a dream Gramma Shirley came down from heaven and held my hands!
Me: What? (shocked by this normally the answer in yes or no but he doesn't explain the actual dream)
Rett: Gramma Shirley came and held my hands (this time he said it like I was silly for not understanding it the first time)

This just blows my mind as his Great Gramma Shirley died in 2004 and Retters wasn't born until 2006. Sure we talk about her and there's a picture of her and Cj in our dinning room, but never have I told him that she lived in Heaven. I have never even explained anything about Heaven to him. So I completely believe him that his great gramma came down to say hello :)

No comments:

Post a Comment