The Schmitt Gang

The Schmitt Gang
keeping up with our crazy beautiful lives!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Our Baby is 18 months






I find it very hard to believe that Emma is this old already. Although it feels like she always been here, I'm just not ready for her to not be a "baby" and instead a toddler. So here is an Emma update. She started walking 3 weeks after her birthday. She is saying more and more words like: eyes, teeth, nose (noz),buh buh (brother), mama, daddy, Dagen, doggy, ducky, uh-oh (her favorite), thank you, light, night night, Ila, Ashley, Brandee, and no. She is a very caring cuddly baby ops I mean toddler. Most days she is attached to my hip but also play well by herself. She was doing AWESOME at potty training around December and then after Christmas she decided it wasn't fun anymore. She loves to wear big kid undies like her brother. She can put her own socks on. She also loves Barney!

We do have a couple struggles with her and that's she whines when she wants something instead of saving the word. But I feel this is more an error on my part then hers. And then I am embarrassed to say that she still has a bottle before bed time! Not that I am comparing but Everett willing gave his bottle up at 12 mo so I am kind of shocked that she still gets so mad about it at 18 mo. Any ideas for the perfect sippy? We have tried nubys (she ruins them) the Playtex ones with the handles and the soft spout, Gerber ones, and the hard nuby ones, and she still get mad if you give her a sippy. I know your all prolly thinking just take them away and don't give it back... Well the thing is she won't drink more than half a sippy so then I am constantly worried that she's not getting enough milk or water. And on top of it she eats like a mouse. So I'm scared if she doesn't get her milk that she just won't be getting enough to eat. So is drinking like eating, in the aspect that she will drink when she's tristy?

Also in trying to get a "cute" picture of her she kept moving and jabbering. She hates to smile at the camera... werid I know lol. So you get these 3 to choose between! Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment